Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 25th - Wrapping up my Trip to London

Today my dad and I did a lot more walking and sightseeing. We got crepes in the morning (so good), then took the tube to the Westminster stop. When you come above ground, you can immediately see the River Thames, the London Eye, Big Ben, and the aquarium! We continued our walk and saw Parliament Square, Westminister Abbey, St. James Park, and Buckingham Palace. I liked St. James Park the best. There were lots of birds that you don't see in parks in the United States, like swans, many different kinds of ducks with unique coloring patterns, and even pelicans. 

We also went to the National Gallery of Art. All museums are free in England and Ireland! We got to see some pieces by Monet, Van Gogh, and one of my dad's favorites, Vermeer. I headed back to Dublin that night. I was just there for a weekend, but we definitely saw a lot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment