Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 12th - First Day in Dublin!

My flight got in around 6 a.m. Irish time, which was about 1 a.m. Connecticut time. After taking a bus from the airport, we went to get settled in the dorms. My dorm is slightly off campus and it took me a little bit to find, which wouldn't have been terrible if I wasn't awkwardly carrying four bags. I barely slept on the flight, so I had to take a nap pretty soon after this.

When I woke up it was so sunny out - surprising because you hear that it is always raining here! I took advantage of this and walked to campus, which was about 20 minutes away. The campus is so pretty! There are two lakes, and the buildings look pretty modern. It definitely has a different feel than Swarthmore.


Luke, my friend from high school, is also studying here at UCD. I met up with him and two other girls to go explore the city a little bit! It took us a little bit to figure out the buses; you're supposed to have exact change when using the bus (or a pre-paid card, which we all now have). Since we didn't have exact change they let us ride for free - it was sooo nice!


Once in Dublin, we went to get some food. There was live music, which was awesome. Lots of people were out, and it was a Monday! I can't wait to see what that area is like on a weekend.