Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Feb 5th – Class & Watching Hurling

Today I had my first laboratory associated with the chemistry course I am taking! My schedule was confusing at first, because unlike at Swarthmore where laboratory courses meet once every week, I only have a total of four chemistry labs for the semester (in addition to the lecture portion of the course). It was from 10-1, I had a break for lunch, and then from 2-5.

I also had to write up a report right after and it hand it in on the spot! That was a little nerve-wracking, but I think it went ok.

During the break, I watched a hurling match for about 20 minutes - hurling is an Irish sport which basically looks like a mix between field hockey, baseball and rugby. It is a really rough game, but it is really fun to watch! Definitely find a YouTube video of it if you are curious!